Breaking off a relationship is never a joyous event and can be an extremely difficult decision to make, even when all the signs are pointing to the fact that you would be better off without him. But if you had any of the issues below in your relationship, rest easy knowing that you made the right choice. Now you just have to take a deep breath and start moving on.
1. You didn’t feel like he supported your career goals. He may not have been overtly non-supportive, but it was the little things he did and said that told you he wasn’t on-board with your ambitions. He never wanted you to do better than him.
2. You lost friends because of the relationship. Your friends and family were able to see his shortcomings way before you did. Some voiced their opinions, but you were not ready to open your eyes so some friendships suffered. The good news is, if they are true friends they will let you back into the circle.
3. He considered himself superior to you. The two of you were never equals in his eyes. He always considered himself better than you and made you feel like you were lucky to have him.
4. You didn’t feel comfortable around his family. His family was never happy about the relationship and made sure you knew it. But your man never stood up for you. No matter how much you tried to please his family, he always blamed you for the standoffishness of his family and started leaving out of family gatherings.
5. You couldn’t be your true self. You felt like you had to hide an aspect of who you are to maintain his approval. Your man made it clear from the beginning of the relationship that there were certain things he did not like in a woman. Some of which you were able to hide from him, thinking that once you were together you could be yourself. Needless to say, this is never a good idea….
6. You were constantly worried about what he was doing when you were apart. You never really trusted him to do the right things when you weren’t around. Things in his past made you feel like trust and loyalty would always be issues in the relationship.
7. There were double standards. He could go hang out with the boys on a Saturday night, but it was frowned upon when you wanted to hang out with the girls. You had to be okay with him doing certain things, but the same things were not okay for you.
8. Too many negative vibes in the relationship. The relationship more often felt draining than it did uplifting. When you thought about your relationship the bad always surfaced first. After the initial newness of the relationship wore off you didn’t feel joy when talking about it to others and you didn’t look forward to being with him.
9. He wasn’t your first choice. You just got a promotion at work, or a really good friend was in an accident. Who do you call first? It wasn’t your man. When you had good or bad news to share, he wasn’t the first person you wanted to share it with. You depended more on your family and friends for emotional support than you did him.
10. Your lives never fully (or easily) melded together. It always seemed like you were coming from two different places in life. If he said up, you said down. Very rarely could you compromise on an issue without arguments and fights. The thought of a lifetime of that did not excite you.
Are you struggling to get over your ex? You know you need to move on but it’s just so damn hard to let go. No matter what you do, you just can’t thinking about them. You’ve tried to move on and date other people but you just can’t seem to the feel the same way about anyone else. If you’re sick of being hurt and heartbroken, click here to check out the video that can help cure your break-up pain.